Self-catering and camping - Bed and Breakfast
Download Sanday accommodation map (283Kb)
Anchor Cottage [location]
Anchor cottage, a traditional, yet modern cottage with 4 bedrooms, in Lady Village. Ideally located in the centre of this tranquil island with beautiful, fascinating sea-views. 1.5 miles from the airfield and 8 miles from the ferry terminal at Loth.
Contact: Norma Brown, tel.
- Traditional stone-built cottage
- 4 bedrooms ? 2 Double, 2 Single
- Dining / Living room
- Sun porch
- Large enclosed garden area and ample parking
- All towels and bed linen provided
Ayre?s Rock Hostel and Camp Site [view location on map]
SPECIAL OFFER: November 2007 - Feb 2008. For every full night paid, take a second night of accomodation at half-price. Forward booking required.
Tastefully converted traditional farm steading with lovely views and easy access to cliff walks and beaches, craft shop on site.
Tariff ? Hostel: £13 pp 1st night, £12 pppn subsequently, £17 B&B pp 1st night, £16 pppn subsequently, £23 DB&B pp 1st night, £22 pppn thereafter Block Bookings available on the Hostel - £50 per night. Please ask.
Tariff ? Camp site: tents: 1-man: £3; 2-man: £4; 3-man: £5,
Caravans and camper vans: £5,
Contact: Paul & Julie Allan, tel:
- Hostel sleeps up to 7 (3 bedrooms, 1 en suite double/family, 2 twin)
- Fully equipped kitchen with all mod cons.
- All bed linen and towels provided.
- Breakfast and evening meal available.
- Chip shop/take away available on Saturday evening.
- Six berth caravans available for holiday lets.
- Shower and washing facilities for campers.
Self-catering accommodation in the twin-bedroomed Cottage Suite.
Tariff: £25 ppn
Contact: Maggie O'Loughlin
- 1 ground floor Twin bedded room with en-suite facilities and own kitchen area
- Bed and Breakfast also available, and evening meals by request
- High Chair & Travel cot available
- Internet Access
- Telephone available
Weekly lets/ long term lets available, prices on request.
Little Lonnie 
Little Lonnie is a well-equipped cottage with stunning uninterrupted sea views. This modern conversion of an old barn offers comfortable, tasteful accommodation, with a mix of contemporary furnishing and old charm.
Tariff: may vary depending on time of year (£175 per week to £225 per week).†
Enquiries welcome for short or long holiday†lets. .
Contact: Anna or Kris
Tel. 01245 356 123
Website: (from Sep 2007)
- One double bedroom
- Kitchen/living room
- Shower room
- Wood burning stove, which warms the whole cottage
- Comfortable sofa bed in living room
- Coffee table, dining room table and chairs
- Hob (Calor gas) and separate oven (electric) and butler sink
- Electric storage heater in the lounge and bedroom should you require extra heat
Park [view location on map]
Charming cottage on former croft, comfortable and characterful, situated on a peninsular with views of the sea to the front and back and immediate access to stunning sandy beaches and excellent for bird and watching, close to Start Point lighthouse.
Contact: Richard Corser,
tel./fax 01857 600 403 or write to Burrian, Sanday, Orkney, KW17 2BP
- 2 bedrooms ? 1 large double, 1 single
- Well-equipped kitchen with calor gas cooker.
- Duvets and electric blankets, all bed linen and towels provided.
- TV, payphone, radio
- Electricity charged at normal household rate
- Patio and small fenced garden
- Well-behaved dogs, by arrangement
Quoyayre [view location on map]
Attractive modern cottage, overlooks sea and a tidal inlet that is haven for wading birds, close to Sanday?s renowned Quoyness neolithic cairn.
Tariff: £35 per night or £210 per week.
Contact: Mrs Jacqueline Seatter, tel. 01857 600 348 or e-mail
- Sleeps up to 6 (2 bedrooms - 1 double bed, bunk beds - and a sofa bed in the living room).
- Oil fired stove in kitchen provides heat and hot water.
- Open fire in living room.
- Fully equipped with all mod cons.†
- All bed linen and towels provided.
- Well-behaved pets welcome.
West Silverhall 
Completely renovated in 2007, West Silverhall sleeps 4 to 6 persons and is now available to let to non-smokers only. Pets by agreement. There is a minimum let period of 3 nights.
- Lounge and dining room with sea views
- Double sofa bed in lounge
- Kitchen equipped with cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 twin bedded room
- Bathroom with bath, shower, wc and wash basin
- Night storage heaters
- Large rear garden, suitable for BBQ's
- Parking area for two cars
Inclusive electricity, heating, bedding and towels
Tariff: £40 per night (min 3 nights); £250 per week
Contact: Tony Lee Tel.